Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ness is More

Steve Nesser, as you have probably heard, is on Ipath. Observe one of the most beautiful pop shuvits of all time, and some burly and well-selected tricks from one of the few footage-producing shop owners and one of the yet-rarer men to make Adio's look good, other than Kenny Anderson and Anthony Schultz.



I found his part to be better than most internet parts I see lately, and most of it is damn worthy of a major video part. Nesser is underappreciated by the industry in ways I can't put into words.

A while back I bought the East Coast production YouGottaGetThat, and never found a moment of memory to write something about it. Possibly because the popular blog boiltheocean.wordpress.com also posted about it about a week before I started this. Anyways, while Mike Peterson holds down my favorite part of the video and Kyle Berard comes in a close second (due to some jaw-dropping clips at local spots and parks), Connor Champion and Gilbert Crockett follow up closely. And since their parts are on youtube..... they're the ones you get to see.

Champion..... of the front crook:



Lots of proper tricks and a good dose of steez to a song I never would have thought possible to use. For a dude I'd never heard of, this part is absolutely top notch.

Although the video was somewhat negatively affected by Bobby Worrest's same name/same part companion (and also a co-filmer, possibly a producer? Not sure on the producer part, buy it and watch the credits and let me know so I don't have to turn on my walmart DVD player), the filming, editing and generally the skating was all top notch, with clips from many locals I recognized and big name dudes alike. Also, RVA's pro representative.... Gilbert Crockett, whom was coincidentally good friends with one of my hall-mates from freshman year. Interesting. Check his part, love the song, buy the vid, and upload Berard and Peterson's parts to youtube so I can talk about how fucking amazing their North Carolina footage is. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment