Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Bonanza

In the midst of this gruesome holiday, I find myself just back from skating a damn flatbar only to realize my surprise dinner plans have been thwarted by my girlfriend who decided to visit her hometown today. Sweeeeeet. Anyways, seems like alot of shit keeps cropping up to post, and sifting through and deciding what's worth it amidst multiple cigarettes to boost thought process and a brutal porch-fire earlier this morning is not really working out. So. Since I spent too much time finding a fucking link for Lenny Rivas' "Glimpse" only to realize the embed option is on their site, I'm gonna talk about Kayo for a second to make myself feel better about getting my ass kicked on Black Ops, as is destined to happen after I hit "Publish Post"

The Glimpse series is fairly hit or miss, but essentially it's kayo's version of the Berrics. Needless to say, it's a breath of fresh air to see a park absolutely covered by graffiti and hear some good old fashioned rap music for once. If I have to watch something as utterly boring and generic as Mikey Taylor's Battle Commander from the Berrics again, I might really harm myself out of frustration. Kalis has had a clip, so has Marquise, Lima, and now Lenny. Lenny's is by far the sickest. He doesnt look like that skeleton inside a XXXL shirt from It's Official anymore. Nope, the goon look is gone, and his skating is interesting as hell, pretty much without warning. The whole reason I found out about this clip and "Da Playground" DGK park itself is due entirely to Mikey Taylor's Switch 180 front feeble in his Battle Commander. Yep, Lenny did it too. And although not as 'perfect' as Taylor's, the lock in is beautiful. Not to mention he does some damn interesting lines and some sick manny tricks. Do I now enjoy watching his footage? Yes, oh yes.

DA PLAYGROUND - DGK - LENNY RIVAS from KAYOTV on Vimeo.



Meanwhile, Marquise is still boring except for an inward heel manny front shuv, and Kalis filmed 50 seconds of his go-to tricks, which was a bummer. I fail to understand how he unleashed that retardedly good tre flip nosebluntslide in Habitat's Regal Road and has pretty much ignored that trick ever since. If it's been a while since you watched a perfect part, now would be the time to watch it. Interestingly, thinking about it, this was kinda the first of the one person, one part wave that has taken the internet and the world by storm. Although it wasn't designed for internet release, online parts and shit like Dylan all seem to have followed Kalis in Mono. Odd. It's like a grandfather that everyone forgets.

Probably because coupling Josh Kalis with the Rolling Stones was something his core fans didn't appreciate. But I found it marvelous.



Now in more recent video-endeavors, as you've hopefully seen, Dan Plunkett has got a nice little edit floating around. I'm not sure of details, mainly because I don't care, but my guess is that the footage was dubbed to VHS and then cut and chopped. Hopefully that's how they did it. If they did it all digitally then that kinda ruins it. But it's still got two factors going for it: the music, and Dan Plunkett.



Another video I can't find in order to embed on here is this little Reese Forbes ditty, where he evidently has decided to skate Barcelona Ass-Backwards.

http://www.dlxsf.com/popups/videos/ReeseForbes.mov

Click it with your little wireless USB rodent.

No comments:

Post a Comment