Monday, July 19, 2010

Vamdalism = 100% Gustavo

So, while there are about 10 different posts I'd like to make, I'm still short on time working on finishing up filming for the ROUGH video. But, upon reading BTO today, I became aware of the Plan B am video, Vamdalism.

Feast your corneas:



Scott Decenzo, as BTO mentioned, is indeed boring. While gnarly, I only really enjoyed his switch front feeble, opening front nose 270 shuv, switch heel back tail shuv line, switch back tail shuv on the bank, back feebs back 180, and front board to hurricane. Of all those tricks, only the opening noseslide, feeble 180, and front board hurricane struck me on the first watch. The boy looks awkward no matter which stance he's in, so stance recognition was much harder for me. Not to mention, I'm sick and FUCKING tired of seeing people switch back tail that long concrete rail. I've seen it in parts three times now. Seeing an ABD a second time is annoying, but not so bad. But to see it a third time, in a Plan B publication? Completely unacceptable. Plus, once Felipe Gustavo comes on, you literally have to rewatch Decenzo, S.'s part to even remember it happened.

Gustavo is a young, more interesting P.Rod. It's just a fact. The technicality in his part had me dropping my jaw and spilling my beer. Nollie hardflip noseslide bigspin, fakie hardflip tailslide, noseslide, tre flip nosegrind reverts in lines with kickflip nosegrind back 1's on picnic tables, nollie front noseslide 270 shuvs on the belmont rail in lines after a perfectly swerved bigspin up the three..... Felipe seriously chooses the absolute hardest ledge tricks in skateboarding and lines them like they're nothing. Perhaps the master of the kickflip crook AND nollie flip crook, his part left me craving for a full video part on DVD so I could rewind over and over. Also, I like how he took the ABD switch back tail and fucked it over with a beautiful switch flip into it. Take that, Decenzo.


Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Hardflip back tail on a handrail? Oh, wow. Just wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment