Monday, August 23, 2010

Too Much to Manage

All of a sudden videos are coming out left and right. I'll try to keep up. The Tricks-That-Should-Be-Done-More-Often list will come soon.

First order of business, from the apparently Maryland-based "Something Wild" video, we have a nice lil' tre flip and a big ol' bigspin down a gap you should recognize, or else you need to leave the page:



It's no Chris Cole switch fs flip, but damn. And they're only shop riders, hopefully flow somewhere. Ian Smith does the bigspin and Eric Kunmann performs the tre flop.

Now the main show. Gravis produced one of, if not it's first, full part for any of their riders, featuring the ever-skinnier, ever-highwater-ier Dylan Reider. Good songs, ridiculous impossible over the bench (and proper, at that), massive pop, and a proper kickflip shifty.

Untitled from vincent on Vimeo.



Unfortunately, it's off of youtube so you have to copy that link until I figure out how to embed vimeo properly. Hell, or even embed a link right.

Things I like:

Simply, his tricks. Good selection, execution, speed, and steez. Plus pop equals good formula.

Things I don't:

-V-neck shirts that are too small
-Rolled up pants that are too small
-Giants

Yet somehow his skating is still thoroughly enjoyable. Trends are indeed changing. Another video from the Element Europe project I'll be posting soon has more proof of this, and perfectly demonstrates both an ugly 3 shuv from my "don't list", and a beautiful rarity from my "do list". All in the same part, PLUS trend-relevancy? I about came my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment